Job Posting OPEN
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
Novavine is looking for an experienced Safety and
Transportation Specialist to join our dynamic team.
If you have experience in occupational safety
and transportation compliance, possess the ability to mitigate risk, and the leadership
skills to build a one-team approach to a diverse workforce, we are looking for
Who are we?
We are a grapevine, olive tree, and citrus tree
nursery that propagates and delivers top-of-the-line agricultural products to
Why do you want to work with us?
We value our employees, provide a best-in-class client
experience, and offer the highest quality product in the industry. We offer
medical, dental, and 401k matching, and we work every day in a peaceful outdoor
setting in Sonoma Valley.
What are the responsibilities and duties?
This role is responsible
for company compliance using Occupational Health and Safety (Cal/OSHA) and
Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines to implement programs and safety
- Plan and implement safety policies and programs
according to state and local agencies
- Evaluate practices, procedures, and facilities to
assess risk and adhere to the law
- Conduct training and presentations for health and
safety matters and accident prevention
- Work with HR to strategically maintain safety standards
and loss control protocols
- Implement preventative measures with managers and
- Investigate accidents or incidents to determine causes
and develop remediation steps
- Accurately facilitate and train vehicle drivers on
- Submit monthly and annual reports for transportation,
work accidents, and safety investigation to maintain compliance
- Intermittent travel to our additional location in Yolo
County to facilitate safety compliance
What qualifications and skills are
degree and/or certification in an accredited occupational health and
years of experience in a risk management role, preferably as a lead
of transportation safety requirements regulated by DOT and FMCSA
understanding of data analysis and risk assessment practices
- Ability to create a one-team approach
and inspire dedicated involvement
communication and interpersonal abilities
organizational and leadership skills
literate and a keen ability to learn varied applications
in Spanish and English highly preferred
safety experience a plus
How do I apply?
Please submit your resumé and a cover letter stating why
you are a good fit for this role to Human Resources at email@example.com.