Novavine, a large production grapevine, olive tree, and citrus tree nursery, has an immediate opening for a focused and collaborative Logistics Coordinator.
Our ideal candidate will bring their strengths and a can-do attitude to our dynamic team. This person will take ownership and be the administrative hub for our shipping and receiving department.
Do you have logistics or shipment planning experience? Do you get excited about puzzle-solving and consistently work to find solutions to the problem at hand? If so, we have just the role for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day shipment scheduling and tracking for all outgoing orders ensuring strict delivery timelines
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to verify shipment details or resolve delivery issues
• Work in partnership with the warehouse team to successfully facilitate the receiving of material and the order fulfillment process
• Complete customer service calls confirming dates and times for order delivery
• Facilitate onsite customer pick-ups providing the highest level of service
• Prepare required agricultural certificates for shipment locations
• Determine the best method of transportation for deliveries and schedule accordingly
• Prepare monthly and reports as assigned for managerial review
• Research and determine cost savings initiatives for shipment and delivery types
• 2+ years of experience in a logistics coordination, scheduling, or dispatching role
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and an ability to learn programs quickly
• Problem solver and resolver with proven decision-making abilities
• Expert organizational and communication skills
• Highly communicative with and values a team approach to getting the job done
• Possesses a naturally positive and encouraging outlook
• Ability to accept quick changes with flexibility and ease
• Strong time management skills and impeccable follow-through
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required
Why work with us?
• We offer paid time off, health and dental insurance, and 401k with matching
• We are caring, compassionate, and focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Our professional attire includes jeans and tennis shoes
• Our “office” sits in the beautiful Sonoma Valley, and our view is spectacular
• We are passionate about our business, we work hard, AND we have fun